Skinstore.com is currently having a 20% off their entire site sale which includes the Clarisonic Mia! Ulta.com is also having a 20% off sale so you can get it there as well!
I purchased mine at www.skinstore.com at with a 20% off discount!
Here's some info about my skin: I have combination/oily skin with dry patches occasionally. It is also very sensitive. I have acne and acne scars and am prone to breakouts, especially when I'm stressed, during my lovely time of month, or if I drink or have food with straight up milk (in coffee, clam chowder, ice cream). You can refer to my skincare post here.
How I use it:
I first started using this every single night. The directions say to use it every few days but since I use the sensitive brush I don't think it's bad that I use it regularly. It has helped me to be consistent with washing my face every day as before I was lazy and would skip it every once and awhile because I was too "tired". I'm sure you know what I mean :P
The past week though my skin has been getting a lot oiler due to the weather so I've begun using it both day and night. It hasn't irritated my skin or caused it to break out more so than usual.
I use it as gently as possible and do light circular motions. I do not push it in my skin.
- Clean skin. And I mean squeaky clean. This bad boy removes all makeup on the face. (Be sure to use makeup remover for the eyes!)
- Clean skin leads to less acne. I'm not saying it cures acne. But it has lessened the breakouts a bit. Luckily I didn't have a purging stage (or more breakouts than usual) like some acne prone gals did!
- Better texture. My skin no longer has dry patches. It still get oily but no more dry patches! I also have less blackheads on my nose.
- The price tag. The Mia 2 runs for $149 and the original retails for $119. That's not even the priciest part. You have to purchase replacement heads every few months. Individually they cost $25 each!
- Doesn't get rid of acne. While I breakout less I still breakout. I think for girls who have mild acne it will help but if you have moderate to severe acne due to stress / hormones / etc it won't get rid of it. Stick to topical treatments such as Benzoyl Peroxide, Retin A, etc. for a long term solution.
- Doesn't make skin less oily. IMO. I have not seen an improvement in oil production. It doesn't lessen oil production or make it worse.
Would I recommend this product? Yes! For some reason I have begun consistently washing my face by using this. Who know maybe I'll get bored and not be such. However for the amount of $ I spent I am determined to get my money's worth! If you want something to thoroughly clean your face and get a smoother texture than this is what your looking for! If you're looking to get rid of acne.... while it varies for each user, I don't think it will entirely get rid of it but help to lessen the amount per breakout.
Be sure to check out my next post where I talk about what face washed I use with the Mia and how to save $$ on it!
Do you use the Mia? Has it helped or worsened your skin in any way? Be sure to leave a comment below and let me know!